If you know someone who may be affected by domestic abuse, or if domestic abuse is happening to you and want help to take control of your own life, the following organisations provide support.
If you are currently experiencing domestic abuse, you are not alone, and we would like to reassure you that support services are available to offer help.
The main domestic abuse support services to contact:
Merton Community IDVA – 0207 801 1777
- Metropolitan Police – if in an immediate danger, always call 999. For non-emergencies, dial 101.
- One Stop Shop – Monday morning 9.30am – 12 noon at Morden Baptist church (at the back of the Civic Centre)
- Merton Independent Domestic Violence Advisor – 0208 801 1777
- National Domestic Violence Helpline 24/7 – 0808 2000 247
- Women’s Aid Live Chat online service Monday to Friday 10:00am – 12:00pm click here
- Rape Crisis Live Chat Helpline – available for women and girls aged 16 + click here Opening hours: Monday: 2pm-4.30pm, 6pm-9pm; Tuesday: 2-4.30pm, 6pm-9pm; Wednesday: 12pm-2.30pm, 6pm-9pm; Thursday: 12pm-2.30pm, 6pm-8.30pm; Friday: 9am-11.30am.
- Housing options – For people who wish to present as homeless, call 020 8545 3636 between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday. For out of hours housing emergencies phone 020 8770 5000
- Age UK Advice Line: 0800 678 1602 Lines are open 8am-7pm, 365 days a year click here
- National LGBT helpline – 0300 330 0630
- Galop – LGBT+ anti-violence charity – London LGBT+ Advice Line 020 7704 2040 Monday to Friday between 10:00am – 12:30pm and between 1:30pm – 4:00pm
- Men’s Advice Line – 0808 801 0327 Open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Legal advice relating to domestic abuse and family law, such as non-molestation orders, child arrangements, divorce and immigration matters please call 020 8543 3302.
If you are experiencing domestic abuse as well as other disadvantages such as drugs, alcohol, or severe mental health, please call the Refuge complex needs team on 0208 943 8188.
If you have experienced any kind of sexual violence, at any point in your life and would like to talk to someone please contact the RASASC Outreach service on 07437 330 784 by text or Whatsapp.
Women and Girls Network Freephone Advice Line and Sexual Violence Helpline Freephone Advice Line (0808 801 0660)- open Monday-Friday 10am-4pm and Wednesday eve 6-9pm provides specialist advice, information, support and advocacy for women and girls who are experiencing Domestic abuse and/or sexual violence. Also supports professionals who are working with cases involving VAWG, and can provides emergency support around housing needs and access to refuge.
Freephone Sexual Violence Helpline (0808 801 0770) – open Monday-Friday 10am-12:30pm & 2:30-4pm and Wednesday eve 6-9pm – the helpline provides a safe and confidential space for women and girls to explore the impact of their experiences and access specialist emotional support and advice.
Deaf hope/ Sign Health https://www.signhealth.org.uk/our-projects/deafhope-projects/domestic-abuse/ – Tel: 020 3947 2600 / SMS: 07966 976 749 / email@example.com
Forced marriage – Contact the Forced Marriage Unit (FMU) if you’re trying to stop a forced marriage or you need help leaving a marriage you’ve been forced into. Forced Marriage Unit – firstname.lastname@example.org / Telephone: 020 7008 0151 / From overseas: +44 (0)20 7008 0151 – Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm / Out of hours: 020 7008 5000