Making Safeguarding Personal
Making Safeguarding Personal means putting the person at the centre of everything we do during a safeguarding enquiry from the very beginning to the end.
The Making Safeguarding Personal (MSP) programme has been running since 2010. The Care Act 2014 guidance required adult safeguarding practice to be person led and outcome focused, aiming towards resolution or recovery. This embodies the MSP approach.
Making Safeguarding Personal is not about putting you through a process it is about having a conversation with you or your representative to ask what has happened and identify what outcomes you want to achieve
- Ask if you require any immediate support to keep yourself safe
- Explain how safeguarding works
- Ask you what you would like to happen
- Support you in a way to give you choice and control to improve your quality of life, wellbeing, and safety.
To achieve this we will:
- Listen to you
- Understand your views and wishes
- Take you seriously
- Treat you with respect
- Support you to feel as safe as you want
- Support you to make your own decisions
- Keep you informed and involved
- Tell you what will happen next.